How a large format tile cutter accessory can give clean cuts and provide tile layers with the best ergonomic position to work
With the increasing popularity of LFT (large format tiles, also called large format panels) for residential, commercial and industrial applications, professional tilers find themselves dealing with new approaches to porcelain tile cutting.
When working at a construction site, with ongoing work, little room available and constant activity, it could turn out useful to have a tool that allows you to cut tiles vertically. The same thing could happen during a renovation, especially if you don’t want to leave any trace of your activity on good shape flooring, but you still have to get your job done as close as possible to the installation spot.
In the picture you can see Vertigo, a manual tile cutter accessory, designed by Montolit to answer to these needs. It has been created as a supporting tool for large porcelain panels manual tile cutters. It allows the tile cutter operator to manage it in a vertical position. The incision on the porcelain tile is then made with a precise constant pressure over the entire cutting line, which is not possible working in an “horizontal” position, because the operator is forced to move and “chase” the large format porcelain tile to make the incision, not applying the same constant incision pressure across the tile and thus risking breakage.
Summarizing, the advantages of using such a tool can be divided in two major categories:
Advantages related to vertical large format tile cutting
– Less space needed
– Avoids damage to flooring
– Continuity in incision performed on LFT, no interruption, constant pressure since nearly vertical position eliminates problems related to operators’ arm reach (existing in horizontal position)
– Good incisions give you perfect cuts on large porcelain panels
– Lower risk of tile breakage means saving money since LFT are very expensive
Advantages for the professional tiler’s health
– Working with a vertical tool allows the tile layer to stand and perform incisions and cuts in a natural way
– Incorrect back and knees postures typical of working in a horizontal position are eliminated
– The tile layer feels more confident when performing incisions and cuts, even if he is working alone
Learn more and watch a demonstration video on how to use the Vertigo accessory to cut large format panels with a manual tile cutter.